Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year..New Dreams

As another year comes to a close,many people begin to make "resolutions" or lists of things they want to accomplish in the new year. Examples of these include; to lose weight, to eat better, to go to church more often, etc. I've noticed that a lot of these resolutions are specific and inelastic terms with no room for error. However, by springtime, most people give up on their resolutions. I myself have, in the past, made long lists with superficial resolutions and promises that I would eventually give up on. Could it be the lack of initiative to complete these tasks that we burden ourselves with, or the lack of promise that these accomplishments hold.
This year I've decided to do something different. 2010 is my Year of Dreams. In essence, I've decided to have only 1 resolution: To Not be afraid and live life to the fullest. I want to take advantage of every opportunity that is presented and live free. No reservations. I'd like to be able to act without wondering what people will think. Most of all I want to be happy. When you're happy, everything else in your life will fall into place.

To truly be happy, you have to be content; to be content, you have to learn to accept everything life gives you in stride. Happiness is, after all, a state of mind, body, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment